so today i read

or, how I avoided work today

Friday, August 19, 2005

timmy treadwell is not gay, and that's a bummERRRR!


So I am stopping my half-assed apartment search for a bit, so that I can focus on upcoming trips and catching up at my job. Also, I am hoping that if I am not on craigslist every spare minute of my day I will look out my window and see some sweet Law and Order being filmed at some point. But, if the three people who read my posts hear of any apartments downtown that fit more than a bed and are not uber-expensive, holla.

For now, I think not worrying about finding a place will let me enjoy the simpler things in life. Already, it's letting me obsess instead about that kooky Werner Herzog. The man ate his own shoe! I loved Grizzly Man! It was so fantastic. It's hard for me to even explain why it's so great without going on forever. I actually wrote a paper on a Herzog movie, Signs of Life. It's one of the few papers I've written I really like (when the application for this job required a writing sample, I gave them that one paper). Anyway, it really is incredible how he talks about the exact same thing in his debut as he does in a film almost 40 years later. That is all.

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM , Blogger johanna said...

oh hooray for new german cinema! and even newer german cinema!

toe, you are a brilliant writer. i love every word that flows forth from your quill.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home